This chapter covers the various training activities.
- Speed Measurement Unit — Set the speed measurement unit to either words per minute or characters per minute.
- Targets — Determine and set your speed and accuracy targets.
- Essential Tips — Watch a short video on the seven principles for learning to type successfully and effectively.
- Initial Test — Take the initial test to set a benchmark for your progress.
- Training Activities
- Exercises — Learn how exercises are designed.
- Improvement Activities — Learn how improvement activities will help you improve.
- Texts — Learn how to practice typing in realistic settings.
- Tests — Learn how the tests are designed.
- Cosmik Ball — Discover this game, where you have to type single characters on command to keep an explosive cosmic ball captive.
- Monkeys in Jeopardy — Take a peek at this game, where you have to type sequences of characters and single words to extend life-saving vines to monkeys threatened by a storm.
- Magical Duel — Become bewitched by this strategic game in which you cast spells by correctly typing phrases of varying lengths to free the enchanted subjects of a magical realm.
- Difficulty Levels — Select the difficulty level that will challenge you the most constructively.
- High Scores — Check out the different high score rankings to see how you measure up against other family members, if applicable.