On June 27, we released the annual update for Typing Pal — School Edition. This time, we have focused our efforts on new tools that allow you to guide your students more efficiently in their learning. Here are its top new features.
See your students’ activity in real time from a dynamic new dashboard. Which students are logged in? Are they doing the right exercise? Follow them every step of the way.
Analyze your students’ attendance with a new calendar that shows their use over the last twelve months. Evaluate your students’ participation at a glance thanks to red dots that change size.
Complete Pedagogical Resources
Discover new pedagogical resources including a start-up guide, advice on methodology and worksheets. Everything you need to guide your students efficiently.
Usage Reports for Parents
Generate summary reports showing students’ attendance and performance. Share them with their parents to involve them in their child’s progress. Together, you can encourage them to persevere.
Enhanced Certificates of Achievement
Bulk export the certificates of achievement for all the students in your group. Another new feature: the certificate now shows speed and accuracy.
Statistics now include data on improvement activities and gaming sessions. Any time spent on Typing Pal counts!
Type a name in the new global search field and see the list of relevant results appear as you type. Whether you’re searching for a student, a colleague or an institution, you’ll find what you’re looking for right away.
More Balanced Exercises
Explore the exercises and tests for rare characters and see how much more balanced they are. Your students will easily learn those characters that can be difficult to type.
- A new dashboard for supervising students in real time showing whether a student is logged into their account and displaying the activity that they are currently working on.
- New real-time information in the student’s summary showing whether a student is logged into their account and displaying the activity that they are currently working on.
- Visual improvements to the student’s summary, including the following:
- A progress chart
- A graph showing time spent on Typing Pal over the last twelve months
- The attendance calendar for the current month
- A new attendance calendar for the last twelve months.
- Improvements to the certificates of achievement, including the following:
- Speed and accuracy information
- Option for the teacher or the administrator to generate a certificate for a single student or in bulk for all the students in a group
- A new global search field allowing users to easily find a student, teacher, administrator or institution.
- New column to sort students based on the number of completed activities
- The option to generate usage reports for parents that contain the following information:
- Average speed
- Average accuracy
- Time spent on Typing Pal over the last twelve months
- The number of activities done over the last twelve months
- The number of completed activities
- The number of stars obtained for activities completed with a perfect score
- Data on speed and accuracy (fastest characters, most accurate characters, etc.)
- Improvement of students’ usage statistics, which now take into account time spent on the following activities:
- Improvement activities
- Incomplete activities
- New option to delete the results of incomplete activities and improvement activities
- Automatic adjustment of a group’s speed and accuracy targets when a student is added to it
- Access to management tools for administrators after the end of their subscription in order to export or delete information
- Export of statistical data with search criteria at the top of the lists
- Addition of a start-up guide for teachers.
- Creation of eleven lesson plans with worksheets adapted for different keyboard layouts.
- Redesigned self-assessment sheet for primary and secondary school levels as well as for adult education.
- Inclusion of a review of scientific literature on the benefits of acquiring a good typing method and on the best teaching methods.
- Articles containing advice on methodology on the following subjects:
- Typing method
- Keyboard accuracy
- Typing speed
- Training planning
- Addition of a legend for all the activity icons in the student environment.
- Addition of an attendance calendar for the last twelve months.
- Improvement of the activities log, which now takes into account time spent on the following activities:
- Improvement activities
- Incomplete activities
- Randomized content when students restart an exercise or test so that they cannot memorize an activity.
- Better calibration of exercises and tests for rare characters that can be difficult to type.
- Display of all the characters associated with exercises and tests in student’s journal.
- Addition of an option for students and administrators to block the video replay feature.
- Option to accept all types of apostrophes and quotation marks.
- Handling of screens with high pixel density
- Improvement of the appearance of interface panels during loading
- Student password
- Generation of random passwords that are easy to remember
- New visual indicator to show password’s strength in students’ forms