Typing Pal Features — Personal and Home Editions
More than 700 Training Activities
- Close to 100 exercises to learn how to type using all your fingers.
- A smart algorithm that creates customized activities by targeting the keys or fingers that need improvement in terms of speed or accuracy.
- Thirty exercises to develop reflexes by typing frequent character sequences such as the -ness, -ing, or -ion that form the endings of many words.
- Three collections of 200 training texts offering content that is adapted to the 6-11 years, 12-16 years or 17 and older age groups.
- The option to choose the learning language for the training program (English or French).
- A video providing advice on ergonomics and information on acquiring good work habits.
- An initial test that serves as a benchmark for evaluating progress.
- Tests to help improve speed and accuracy.
- Final tests, often in the form of timed tests, for overall evaluations of speed and accuracy.
- Two educational games to have fun while learning to type faster.
- The option to set the difficulty level, for those who want a challenge.
- The option to target specific keys (the top row, numbers…) in every game.
- Rankings for games and specific characters encourage users to outdo themselves.
Various Stimulating Sources of Motivation
- Sixty-four badges to encourage users to persevere and to explore all the application’s features.
- A certificate of achievement attesting that the user has completed the training program.
- Golden stars on the activity icons to indicate that they have been completed with a perfect score.
- Achievement level, represented as a percentage, based on the number of completed activities and the scores achieved.
- Personal best indicator.
- The virtual coaches guide users in their training with recommendations and customized encouragement.
- Visual feedback during the activity indicates whether the user’s speed and accuracy are below targets.
- The notification system announces when a badge has been obtained.
- Optional audio feedback indicates whether a user has successfully completed or failed an activity.
Simple and Powerful Management Tools (Home Edition Only)
- Three types of users to facilitate the management of the Home Edition: subscription holder, invited user and supervised user.
- The option to add additional users throughout the subscription period.
- The option for the subscription holder to view the activity journal of the other subscription users.
- The option for the subscription holder to change a supervised user’s password.
- The option for the subscription holder to delete a supervised user’s account or to remove an invited user from the subscription.
- An overview of results that can be accessed from the Achievements panel with a single click.
- The attendance calendar shows a user’s diligence over the past 12 months.
- Reports on the accuracy and speed of every finger.
- The option to view video replay for every completed activity.
- The choice between two units of measure for speed: words per minute or characters per minute.
- Options to display the accuracy percentage, the number of mistakes and the speed in real time to the right of the typing area.
- Reset options to delete results for all activities or for certain categories of activity: exercises, test, texts, games or partially completed activities.
Clear and Intuitive Interface
- A modern and intuitive interface that can be mastered in a few minutes.
- The choice of light or dark mode based on your preferences or your system settings.
- The choice of 109 avatars from three collections: fun creatures, neutral photos or colorful portraits.
- The choice of 4 fonts to help users who have trouble distinguishing between characters, such as people with dyslexia.
- Icons that clearly convey the nature and status of training activities.
- The option to briefly display typing mistakes.
- The choice of typing area location: directly in the text or below it.
- An animation zone under the typing area that encourages users to look at the screen instead of the keyboard when typing.
- Options to mask the animation zone or to customize it with entertaining animations or a keyboard viewer.
- The keyboard viewer includes animated hands to guide the fingers when a hesitation is detected during an exercise.
- Options to display the elapsed time and progress in real time to the right of the typing area.
- The option to show mistakes in the text with an underscore.
- A tool to help users choose the keyboard configuration that corresponds to their keyboard.
- A home screen that suggests activities to undertake.
- The option to navigate using the keys and not the mouse, thus maintaining the position of the hands.
Easy Online Access
- Four of the most popular sign-on methods: Google, Facebook, Office 365 and Apple.
- An online application that can be accessed from a compatible device (PC, Mac, Chromebook, iPad) that is connected to the Internet. (See System Requirements.)
Strong Security Measures
- Secure methods for password sharing, setup and reset.
- A strength indicator that shows the strength of the password chosen.
- The option to log out of Typing Pal and Google or Office 365 at the same time to avoid leaving a session open.
- Use of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol to set up an encrypted connection that ensures privacy and the protection of transferred data.
- Data storage on firewall-protected servers located in a secure environment to prevent unauthorized access.
Rich and Varied Documentation
- A clear online user guide to answer any questions users might have.
- An FAQ section to answer the most commonly asked questions.
- A blog that regularly posts tips and news relating to Typing Pal, as well as interesting articles relating to typing.
- A detailed article explaining the correct typing method..
- An article explaining the importance of accuracy, and why it is given precedence over speed in our typing training program.
- An article to help guide the choice of a target speed.